hen or roo?

Kauy

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2018
Boise, Idaho
unsure of age, has dark feathering, dark legs, but reddening wattles. barred plymouth rock.

Attachments

• 583E6EA1-CD3D-4AAE-B9B4-DF2EF30BC154.jpeg
    583E6EA1-CD3D-4AAE-B9B4-DF2EF30BC154.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 18
Need to see a full body shot, without hands in the way. Barred Rocks can be sexed by coloring. Females are darker, with thick bands of black. Males are much lighter in appearance and have thicker bars of white.

Need to see a full body shot, without hands in the way. Barred Rocks can be sexed by coloring. Females are darker, with thick bands of black. Males are much lighter in appearance and have thicker bars of white.
she is dark, and also has dark legs but the wattles throw me off. she hates being handled, and that was the best picture i could get. she’s a feisty one for sure

What color are the legs, can't make it out from the photo. Still much too young. At 8 weeks when fully feathered out, should be easier to tell.

she is dark, and also has dark legs but the wattles throw me off. she hates being handled, and that was the best picture i could get. she’s a feisty one for sure
Gender ID photos work best if you don't hold the bird. It takes time a patience to get the right shot, but it's worth a hundred bad photos with hands in the way.

Back
Top Bottom