Hen or roo?

Jun 20, 2020
😟 it made a sound that was similar to a crow yesterday 😟😟😟😟😭

Attachments

• IMG20200912140033.jpg
    IMG20200912140033.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 11
Perhaps you could get some full body photos and give us an age, but I'm confident that's a little cockerel.

Super cute.
It's a bit hard taking a picture without him moving lol, but yep he's cute and friendly! ;-; if he's a rooster is there a chance he doesn't attack the other roosters if I started introducing them now?

Attachments

• IMG20200912145246.jpg
    IMG20200912145246.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20200912145322.jpg
    IMG20200912145322.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 3
How many hens do you have? How many roosters? You have a cockerel there. Integration depends on the hen to rooster ratio (count the other chicks in his brood as hens, assuming they are all girls)
I have six older hens with a rooster, basically all same age, then two other hens that are six months younger than them and they have their own rooster 😟 but in our newest hatch we have now two roosters and two hens 😟😟😟

How many hens do you have? How many roosters? You have a cockerel there. Integration depends on the hen to rooster ratio (count the other chicks in his brood as hens, assuming they are all girls)
However one of the baby hens is injured (she fell on her moth as a chick) so she's being syringe fed, and she grows way slower compared to her siblings, she's also way younger than them (fifteen days old to be exact)

You're going to need to rehome at least one of those roos, probably more. 10 Hens to 4 roosters will cause fighting. Chances are one or more cockerel will end up being a hassle during the hormones as well.

You're going to need to rehome at least one of those roos, probably more. 10 Hens to 4 roosters will cause fighting. Chances are one or more cockerel will end up being a hassle during the hormones as well.
The older roosters are friendly with each other, we have had them for almost three years now and nothing happened, they used to fight a bit at first but now they're peaceful 😅 my guess is that they divided the place among them 😟 is there any other thing I can do but rehoming? I'm afraid I live in the city so rehoming won't really be an option 🤷🏻‍♀️ and I don't want them slaughtered 😟

Also this chick happens to be really my favourite ;-; I don't think I'll enjoy giving him up 😟

Back
Top Bottom