Hen or Roo

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Unless the weather is particularly hot where you are, both those birds are cockerels. The only time I've been pleasantly mistaken is when it was so hot out that the pullets had a higher blood flow to the comb to help them cool off.

Hi all I’m new to the group and love reading all these posts about chickens, they have some very valuable information. I’m hoping I can get some help in determining whether these 2 are hens or Roos. They are mixed, and the white one definitely has some Easter egger in it, as it has started to develop a muff. They are just a little over 7 weeks old. I’m hoping that even though their combs are pretty red there’s still a chance they can be girls. TIA!
Welcome to BYC!! The first looks like a cockerel, and the second (I’m not sure) couuuld be a pullet?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Unless the weather is particularly hot where you are, both those birds are cockerels. The only time I've been pleasantly mistaken is when it was so hot out that the pullets had a higher blood flow to the comb to help them cool off.
Thank you, it has been brutal heat wise here, buuut…their combs were that color prior to the heat:(

Back
Top Bottom