Hen or Roo??

Farmlife16

Songster
Aug 12, 2021
I was positive this was a hen, but now I'm having second thoughts. "She" is 5 months old. I don't know how to explain it, but "she" just looks different than my previous BO hens ("she" is from different bloodlines, which might be why). By different; taller, more shiny and yellow feathers, bigger comb...

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 20
Oh no! We just butchered 5 roos the other day and we thought we had gotten rid of any unwanted roosters in the flock😅

What about this one?? He/she is the same age as the one I posted above.

I've been so busy, I haven't kept a close eye on either of these two, especially since I wrote them off as hens a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Oh no! We just butchered 5 roos the other day and we thought we had gotten rid of any unwanted roosters in the flock😅

What about this one?? He/she is the same age as the one I posted above.

I've been so busy, I haven't kept a close eye on either of these two, especially since I wrote them off as hens a while back.
Also another cockerel. Very pretty boys though!

Thanks everyone! We'll have to decide what to do with them...
Do you know where I can find out if they're up to breed standard?

Thanks everyone! We'll have to decide what to do with them...
Do you know where I can find out if they're up to breed standard?
You can find an Orpington breeders Facebook page and post photos of the birds you want to ask about. People on pages like that (that are dedicated breeders themselves) will be able to help you choose the best breeders.

You can find an Orpington breeders Facebook page and post photos of the birds you want to ask about. People on pages like that (that are dedicated breeders themselves) will be able to help you choose the best breeders.
That's a great idea! Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom