Hen or Roo?

Daisy and Jane

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 18, 2014

I'm worried my baby is a Roo... What are your thoughts on the barrod rock ( black and white one)

Sorry the picture is too small, and I can't see him/ her clearly. Male BR's have lighter barring than females. I have no idea how old the bird is, to know if it has too much comb for a pullet at this age.

A good clear, closeup would help of front (showing head & comb) and full side view to see if it has pointed hackle feathers.

You could also post on "what breed or gender is this," on the social thread but, please do include better photos and mention age at time of photo.

Someone should know for certain for you, or need to see more pictures a few weeks from now.

Welcome to BYC! How old is your barred chicken? My reason for asking is because it looks like it has a rose comb, rather than a single comb. I could not be seeing it well as my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but if it indeed has a rose comb, then it is a Dominigue and not a Barred Rock, which have single combs.

Sorry the picture is too small, and I can't see him/ her clearly. Male BR's have lighter barring than females.  I have no idea how old  the bird is, to know if it has too much comb for a pullet at this age.

A good clear, closeup would help of front (showing head & comb) and full side view to see if it has pointed hackle feathers.

You could also post on "what breed or gender is this," on the social thread but, please do include better photos and mention age at time of photo.

Someone should know for certain for you, or need to see more pictures a few weeks from now.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Looks like you have a Cockerel there! He is handsome! :)

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom