Hen or rooster?

J99

Songster
Jul 25, 2019
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
Is this a rooster??? She’s looked like a pullet this whole time ( she’s a Tyson breed , another one doomed for death ) she grew at a rapid rate as we knew she would. She jumped off a truck and we saved her. Since then she’s grown into a dinaosaur turkey sized chicken and we know we will have to cull her soon or she will just die from heart failure
But recently she turned into a rooster lol
I think
DE6FEFEF-3417-4708-A932-C6EDD70B5818.png
5508F40A-6C26-4EFF-BAC4-E212DA61B4A6.png
C44B8256-D667-468B-B4DB-FC83D5194432.png

Well this rooster has zero sex drive , it’s in a coop with 28 pullets and don’t care about anything except food

If you want these type of birds to survive, they need to have an extremely limited diet. You should cull before he gets a heart attack
Well I figured it this way , she/he was destined to die a horrible torturous death at a factory. I let him have a nice life ( I thought about putting him in a cage alone and limit food etc, but penned isolation isn’t a life either. So I let him roam have company , go outside and live happy until his day comes . At least there’s no torture or inhumane treatment.

Well I figured it this way , she/he was destined to die a horrible torturous death at a factory. I let him have a nice life ( I thought about putting him in a cage alone and limit food etc, but penned isolation isn’t a life either. So I let him roam have company , go outside and live happy until his day comes . At least there’s no torture or inhumane treatment.
I meant eating only a cup of feed a day, or only free ranging but you have given this bird a better life than it would have gotten

Back
Top Bottom