Hen or Rooster?

The chickens tail is “curved” and that’s one way to tell, sometimes it just takes longer for some to start crowing and growing spurs.
This is the Silkie crew he coops with. He was a surprise! -bought as a hen! I was fairly sure the green and the curve were rooster traits, but I kept telling myself perhaps it’s just a really pretty tail..
But the neck feathers were having me query. I knew the tail was to pretty to be true (for a hen) Thankyou for claryfying!

This is the Silkie crew he coops with. He was a surprise! -bought as a hen! I was fairly sure the green and the curve were rooster traits, but I kept telling myself perhaps it’s just a really pretty tail..
But the neck feathers were having me query. I knew the tail was to pretty to be true (for a hen) Thankyou for claryfying!
47916C2C-AC50-4754-8618-8C9720D2A452.jpeg

A little, but not too much. He is absolutely adorable! I hope you can keep him.
The yard he was purchased from had roosters that stood higher than my knee quite stocky.. amazing to see. The bellows their crow would sound I’d imagine quite significant. I am hoping the nature of this little surprise beauty stays sound & quiet... that will be the decider, only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom