Hen or rooster?

Hi! Wondering if one of my girls is actually a rooster? It’s one of 4 chicks that I got April 4th this year. So about 14 weeks old. She’s huge... already bigger than all my adult Rhode Island Reds, Golden Buffs, and Australorp. And way bigger than the other three ( Leghorns and Delaware) that I got with her. Anyways when I went out to let them out this morning, I noticed her tail feathers are starting to look a little roosterish! Maybe you this explains why she’s so much bigger than all the rest?
14 weeks old. No red at all. I would lean towards male for yours.

Attachments

• PXL_20210721_160925307.jpg
    PXL_20210721_160925307.jpg
    892.3 KB · Views: 9
Definitely keeping him! He’s already part of the fam! I just never wanted a rooster really. One , because I just wanted eggs to eat and not worry about if they were fertile. Two because of aggressiveness. But , he so far has been pretty docile .
Just don’t let any broodies set on the eggs and they’ll be fine to eat. As of temperament if he’s docile now, just keep working will him and don’t let him be aggressive towards you or your ladies. Best of luck!

Oh geesh! I understand now! The picture you posted is a hen, so you were comparing the two! Thank you! Well looks like we have ourself o roo. My daughter named it roostie. When she was a she , her name was Beauty.
Aww, we had an instance like that too. We got a red sex link that we thought would be a hen, named it Rosy. Turned out to be a roo. 😂🙄💙

Back
Top Bottom