Chickadee00

Chirping
Sep 6, 2021
Edit: I found her. Thank God

I bought 4 young sebright hens yesterday, my dad accidentally left the door to their coop open and one got out, he noticed to late and wasn't fast enough to catch her. She run off into the woods around our house and I'm devastated rn. Is there a chance she can find back? I mean it's her first day at my place, how is she supposed to find back? Can I somehow lure her back or is she gone for good? :( any advice is appreciated, I feel like a terrible owner, I shouldn't have let my dad watch them while I was gone 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
She might come back to be with her friends. She could find her way back by listening for the sounds they make.

She might just hang around because she has no reason to go anywhere else.

Other than that, I don't have any ideas about luring her back. You could sit out a dish of food and one of water, so she can eat & drink if she does hang around.

What kind of predators do you have? Some chickens are more adapted to roughing it but if she's used to being in a coop she will probably wander back because her friends and a coop are what she knows

She might come back to be with her friends. She could find her way back by listening for the sounds they make.

She might just hang around because she has no reason to go anywhere else.

Other than that, I don't have any ideas about luring her back. You could sit out a dish of food and one of water, so she can eat & drink if she does hang around.
Thank you for the advice, luckily I found her :) it was already dark and I found her sleeping on a tree, I'm so relieved

What kind of predators do you have? Some chickens are more adapted to roughing it but if she's used to being in a coop she will probably wander back because her friends and a coop are what she knows
There are foxes, stoats, martens and hawks in my area, but thank God I found her before they could. She was sitting in a tree after it got dark :)

Back
Top Bottom