1. madabouthens

madabouthens Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    i have built a shed for my two rhode island reds can anyone post any pics of runs that r cheap and easy to make??? thanks

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    what area of the country are you in? The material for southern runs can be lighter weight than one that has to hold up to snow. Also, what the predator situation in your area

3. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Need more info it could be as simple as a couple steel posts and a roll of chicken wire

4. madabouthens

May 14, 2011
    im just outside of florida its warm most of the time just i need a run to keep away the foxes, been having a lot of problems lately

5. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I don't have to deal with foxes, but I'm assuming they can get through chicken wire pretty easy. That will increase the cost of your run. Do you lock your chickens in the coop at night? Are the foxes a problem during the day?

6. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

What we recently added to our bantam coop.

Electrical pipe attached to a platform of 2 x 6 pressure treated lumber and surrounded by 36" hardware cloth connected to the pipe with zip ties.

Probably cost under $100 to build:

[​IMG]

7. madabouthens

May 14, 2011
    we have problems at all times of the day becuase we live on a huge farm and there in the forest area and yea i do lock them in at night

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by