Hen separating herself, not eating, yellow poop with some blood and LOTS of plant matter

Sadly, reproductive disorders are common.
It can seem a bit odd if you have more than one get sick or lose them in a fairly short period of time. Reproductive problems can strike at any age and any time, it's frustrating for sure. I you happen to lose this sweet girl, you may want to investigate further again. Take some photos and we will try to help you with what you see.

You may find the video in the first post of this thread helpful. She talks about reproductive problems. Cyinthia is a BYC member/educator.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ions-my-youtube-video-graphic-photos.1201052/
Thank you much! I'm very willing to learn more from these losses to help the future ones. As life would have it, I work 12 hours tomorrow then am heading out of town! I've got someone who can take care of her, but if she doesn't make it I don't know that I'll be able to investigate further.:( Man. Thank you again.

Sadly, reproductive disorders are common.
It can seem a bit odd if you have more than one get sick or lose them in a fairly short period of time. Reproductive problems can strike at any age and any time, it's frustrating for sure. I you happen to lose this sweet girl, you may want to investigate further again. Take some photos and we will try to help you with what you see.

You may find the video in the first post of this thread helpful. She talks about reproductive problems. Cyinthia is a BYC member/educator.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ions-my-youtube-video-graphic-photos.1201052/
Oh dear, I'm sorry everyone, she just went.
I'm going to freeze her and look into this. Idgy was such a toughie! When she was two weeks old she was sitting right up against her "predator safe" pen when a hawk attacked the fence and scratched her right through it. One of her air sacs was lacerated and air was leaking out with every breath. Two days later she was back out with her little girls. Love that bird! Thank you again for all the help, and I will take pictures when I'm able to look further into what caused this.

Oh dear, I'm sorry everyone, she just went.
I'm going to freeze her and look into this. Idgy was such a toughie! When she was two weeks old she was sitting right up against her "predator safe" pen when a hawk attacked the fence and scratched her right through it. One of her air sacs was lacerated and air was leaking out with every breath. Two days later she was back out with her little girls. Love that bird! Thank you again for all the help, and I will take pictures when I'm able to look further into what caused this.
I'm so sorry about Idgy:hugs

It's good that you will investigate further. It's better to refrigerate the body instead of freezing it. Are you going to do your own or send/take the body to your state lab?
A link to your state lab system.
https://cahfs.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/

I'm so sorry about Idgy:hugs

It's good that you will investigate further. It's better to refrigerate the body instead of freezing it. Are you going to do your own or send/take the body to your state lab?
A link to your state lab system.
https://cahfs.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/
Thank you for the link! I will be doing my own this time. I wanted to refrigerate, but I will be gone for three days then working long hours the rest of the week. Sounded iffy in the fridge! I took some superficial photos before putting her in, but I'll have to take what I can get this go round.

Thank you for the link! I will be doing my own this time. I wanted to refrigerate, but I will be gone for three days then working long hours the rest of the week. Sounded iffy in the fridge! I took some superficial photos before putting her in, but I'll have to take what I can get this go round.
I see. Yes, does sound iffy in the fridge. Freezing may cause some discoloration and make it harder to determine the cause, but it beats not doing it all.

I see. Yes, does sound iffy in the fridge. Freezing may cause some discoloration and make it harder to determine the cause, but it beats not doing it all.
Okay, thank you. Worth a try. It won't be as effective a learning experience sounds like, but if there's something big to see I should be able to find it. Ugh. Thanks again, and if you're still interested in photos I'll plan to take them. Oh, and the other ladies in my flock look great so far, so here's hopin'!

Okay, thank you. Worth a try. It won't be as effective a learning experience sounds like, but if there's something big to see I should be able to find it. Ugh. Thanks again, and if you're still interested in photos I'll plan to take them. Oh, and the other ladies in my flock look great so far, so here's hopin'!

Yes, please do take photos when the time comes, we will take a look.

I'm glad all your other ladies are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom