Hen severely injured

She may of had a disease which made them pick on her
She always use to make broody noises like excessively clicking nonestop how a broody hen would. and would look kinda weak but she never sat in any eggs and didn’t even try to hatch eggs she was acting like this for 3 months. But I didn’t think much of it.

She always use to make broody noises like excessively clicking nonestop how a broody hen would. and would look kinda weak but she never sat in any eggs and didn’t even try to hatch eggs she was acting like this for 3 months. But I didn’t think much of it.
I noticed this can just be a sign of fear especially if only one birds does it. So they might have been picking on her for awhile.

Hello I have a severely injured hen. She is about 5 years old her head is extremely injured. She has a small hole in her back head her meat is showing behind her head. I’ve heard from someone that tumeric helps with wounds so my mother who can put tumeric in her head. Does anyone know how I can save her both her eyes are shut
I used colloidal silver gel on hen when her head got injured by an animal. I also quarantined her for about 3 days with a gentle heat lamp and she recovered.

Hello I have a severely injured hen. She is about 5 years old her head is extremely injured. She has a small hole in her back head her meat is showing behind her head. I’ve heard from someone that tumeric helps with wounds so my mother who can put tumeric in her head. Does anyone know how I can save her both her eyes are shut
Was she attacked by other chickens? I had a similar experience a few years ago, and my girl had been bullied by a rooster and then all the others started picking on her because of the blood. we thought she would die but we brought her in the garage and cleaned her up and put neosporin on the wounds. She had a ragged hole the size of a quarter. we kept her isolated for about a week, I think. She healed really fast and is still alive today. She is my oldest chicken and rules the coop. Wash off the tumeric.

Back
Top Bottom