Hen sneezing and running nose

She is 2 years old and she sneezes hard and the coop has plenty on ventilation including the run its all mostly hard wire
She is drinking and eating good bur sneezes with like a cough sound

She is 2 years old and she sneezes hard and the coop has plenty on ventilation including the run its all mostly hard wire

She is drinking and eating good bur sneezes with like a cough sound
I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight, look inside her beak and make sure there's no canker/lesions or yellow/white pasty material and that her nostrils are not clogged with dirt/debris.

Do you notice if she only sneezes when she's been eating/drinking or is it continuous? How often?
Have you introduced new birds within the last 30 days?

I would check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight, look inside her beak and make sure there's no canker/lesions or yellow/white pasty material and that her nostrils are not clogged with dirt/debris.

Do you notice if she only sneezes when she's been eating/drinking or is it continuous? How often?
Have you introduced new birds within the last 30 days?
No new birds, her crop at night feels soft so not to much food in it. I've seen her sneezing at night when she wants to go to sleep. I'll check inside her beak

No new birds, her crop at night feels soft so not to much food in it. I've seen her sneezing at night when she wants to go to sleep. I'll check inside her beak
Right, the crop should have something in it at night if she's eating. Feel of it first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink, it should be empty. If the crop is not emptying, sometimes that can cause some coughing.

Sneezing at night only? Does the coop smell like ammonia?

Right, the crop should have something in it at night if she's eating. Feel of it first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink, it should be empty. If the crop is not emptying, sometimes that can cause some coughing.

Sneezing at night only? Does the coop smell like ammonia?
No coop is clean she is the only hen that does that out of 25 hens

No coop is clean she is the only hen that does that out of 25 hens
Nothing strange in her mouth just saw another hen sneeze too, the coop looks clean but im going to clean it to see if that helps. Should i clean with vinegar to disinfect?

Back
Top Bottom