Hen stopped laying eggs -appears normal

Areyoucluckingme

Chirping
Jun 14, 2022
My black Moran hen who I believe is 3 years old, just suddenly stopped laying eggs. The first day she was hunched over, hardly walking around and laying in the dirt. I thought she was egg bound so I did everything I could: warm bath, calcium, moved her to dark area to sleep. No such luck. BUT - after that she returned to acting normal. She eats, drinks, runs, makes her noise, etc. Still no eggs. Ik on day 5 of no eggs. Any ideas?

She will go in hher nesting box and act like she is going to lay one but then doesn't.

Chickens are weird. The smallest things can upset them and in turn interrupt their egg laying. Has there been anything new or a change take place? Has it gotten hotter in the last days? Change in feed, etc.

Chickens are weird. The smallest things can upset them and in turn interrupt their egg laying. Has there been anything new or a change take place? Has it gotten hotter in the last days? Change in feed, etc.
I did change their feed to something all USDA organic pellets. Maybe that was it? She better start laying soon or these expensive organic pellets won't be worth it 😂

Back
Top Bottom