Hen uninterested in feed, seems almost tired?

Nope, she hasn't been broody before! Perhaps she is just confused?
I just don't know about the trembling, maybe it's from standing on the roost all morning without food or water.
If she still refuses to eat, give her some treats. This can snap them out of it.
Something like meat or fish could do the trick, or maybe some cooked egg.

If she still refuses to eat, give her some treats. This can snap them out of it.
Something like meat or fish could do the trick, or maybe some cooked egg.
I will try those, thanks. My chickens aren't typically given treats, so they don't have favorites. Hopefully it will still entice her.

This morning she was up and about, happily eating some watermelon with her roo. Acting completely normal. At 3 I found her dead. It looks like she just lay down and fell asleep. She had no physical problems, I'm very confused. She wasn't displaying any classic symptoms of Marek's, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Only symptoms that match are loss of appetite, and two instances of mild body tremors.
Perhaps she ate something toxic? I wish I could figure it out. I don't think sending her off to a state lab for testing is financially an option for me.

This morning she was up and about, happily eating some watermelon with her roo. Acting completely normal. At 3 I found her dead. It looks like she just lay down and fell asleep. She had no physical problems, I'm very confused. She wasn't displaying any classic symptoms of Marek's, so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Only symptoms that match are loss of appetite, and two instances of mild body tremors.
Perhaps she ate something toxic? I wish I could figure it out. I don't think sending her off to a state lab for testing is financially an option for me.
I'm so sorry 😭💔 sending you hugs!

The roo came down with me to the graveyard, he's never been there before. Followed me down, watched me dig her grave, watched me put her in. Crowed the whole time, and didn't stop crowing until she was in the ground. He was crowing nonstop, walking all around the house and coop areas before I buried her. Now he is entirely silent.

The roo came down with me to the graveyard, he's never been there before. Followed me down, watched me dig her grave, watched me put her in. Crowed the whole time, and didn't stop crowing until she was in the ground. He was crowing nonstop, walking all around the house and coop areas before I buried her. Now he is entirely silent.
😭😭😭😭😭

Back
Top Bottom