Hen with green/yellow poop stuck on and around vent feathers, lethargic, HELP

Ameraucanas

Songster
May 15, 2015
Also, she has a slightly pale comb and wattles, but that could just be from old age. She's not very lethargic, just a little less perky than usual, so we thought it might just be the heat, but then we noticed the green diarrhea around her vent... The only things I can think of that might be causing this are Fowl Typhoid, Ochratoxirosis, Pullorum, and Streptococcosis, but none of those sound quite right. Does anyone have any idea what this might be, what I should do about it, or if I should even be worried? I was going to start by giving her a bath and flushing her vent area out with saline solution, but I wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks!

Also, she has a slightly pale comb and wattles, but that could just be from old age. She's not very lethargic, just a little less perky than usual, so we thought it might just be the heat, but then we noticed the green diarrhea around her vent... The only things I can think of that might be causing this are Fowl Typhoid, Ochratoxirosis, Pullorum, and Streptococcosis, but none of those sound quite right. Does anyone have any idea what this might be, what I should do about it, or if I should even be worried? I was going to start by giving her a bath and flushing her vent area out with saline solution, but I wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks!
could it be gleet? https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/vent-gleet-aka-nasty-chicken-butt

Thanks! It might be that, but anyhow, I think I'll flush her butt out with saline wash, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom