Hen with poopy but

She is pooping, and it's greenish. She did have access to food and water overnight, but like I said, she's not eating much.

I read the whole thread and saw lots of good suggestions from people. Here are some of my thoughts:

Maybe vent gleet but more common is internal laying unfortunately.
I agree, or might also be cancer, intestinal infection, or reproductive tract infection.

I'm not sure when she last laid. It looked like poop, but it was kind of yellowish and it smelled bad.
Yellow could mean infection, dehydration, or liver problems.

I still worry a little that it could possibly be internal laying.
I would too.

Could be she's a little fatty. Not all reproductive disorders have swelling or fluid, first indication may be that they are acting off/not feeling too well.
I agree.

If possible, get a fecal float to rule out worms too.
That's a good suggestion. Also would be good to have a gram stain done on the poop and crop contents to check for bacteria and yeast.

Her crop felt about the same this morning.
So it's not reducing in size at all?

I would deworm her.
I would too, though if her crop is not draining I'm not sure how effective any oral meds will be. :(

often a crop issue is a symptom of an underlying condition (worms, reproductive disorder, etc.)
I agree. FWIW, any crop problem I have seen here has always been secondary to something else.

She is pooping, and it's greenish. She did have access to food and water overnight, but like I said, she's not eating much.

This is worrisome. Green poo has almost always meant either large consumption of red cabbage or starvation.

I read the whole thread and saw lots of good suggestions from people. Here are some of my thoughts:

I agree, or might also be cancer, intestinal infection, or reproductive tract infection.

Yellow could mean infection, dehydration, or liver problems.

I would too.

I agree.

That's a good suggestion. Also would be good to have a gram stain done on the poop and crop contents to check for bacteria and yeast.

I would too, though if her crop is not draining I'm not sure how effective any oral meds will be. :(

I agree. FWIW, any crop problem I have seen here has always been secondary to something else.

Thoughts on her having green poop???

I'll get a wormer. It seems like her butt was poopy for a while before she started acting sick, she was also broody for a while not too long ago. She's also been panting since she's been inside.
I'm not sure. It could be slowly draining if she's still drinking water.

If she were mine I would give her a shot of antibiotics and hope for the best. Last time I had one with a crop full of fluid it was a bacterial infection. Is a vet an option? Cost would be $45-$65 for an office exam, plus another $30-$50 to test her poop and crop contents.

This is worrisome. Green poo has almost always meant either large consumption of red cabbage or starvation.
Here it's been starvation or bacterial infection.
Thoughts on her having green poop???
Starvation or bacterial infection. :(
I'll get a wormer. It seems like her butt was poopy for a while before she started acting sick, she was also broody for a while not too long ago. She's also been panting since she's been inside.
Get Safeguard.

I'm not sure. It could be slowly draining if she's still drinking water.
Can you post a picture of her poop?

Back
Top Bottom