Hen with swollen eye

Will birds with IB seen "depressed" and not eat or drink? Because she has been acting like her normal self, eating perfectly and drinking too.

Quote:
She's great! I haven't gotten the tylan 50 yet, I'm going to go get it tomorrow at TSC, my feed store didn't have it. But other then the swollen eye, she seems pretty normal. Is alert, and is eating and drinking normally too.

Quote:
Well she's started to moult so I haven't gotten an egg out of her in a couple weeks, plus she just got done being broody.

Quote:
Actually I never got the tylan 50. None of my feed stores carried it, not even TSC, they weren't able to ordered it for me either. But I don't think it was IB the swelling went time and the whole time she was alert, eating, and drinking normally. The swelling is totally gone, and she's back with the flock.

I have an 8+ week old chick who has swollen eyes? Could it be IB?

100632_122.jpg

100632_121.jpg

This is her other eye:

100632_125.jpg

If it isn't IB, what should I do? She isn't droopy. She's hyper, eating alot, and drinking plenty, and just this evening, she was running around with chickens 2x her size and seems fine. However, about 2 weeks ago, we removed a tick from underneath one of her eyes, can't remember which one. If she is getting sick from the tick bite, what can I do? Please help, I love this chicken sooooooo much!!!! I just can't lose her!

Back
Top Bottom