Hen won't open eyes

Augie1

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
Just noticed it today. The left eyes seems to be injured. Should i be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG-0084 (1).jpg
    IMG-0084 (1).jpg
    419 KB · Views: 12
I'm not sure what that could be,
is she eating and drinking?
what does her poop look like?
is she acting lethargic?

could you get a another picture but a little bit clearly , do you have a dog crate that you could separate her from the rest of the flock and if you do have a dog crate i would put it in your garage

Last edited:
is it like a wart if it is then it is fowl pox but i don't want to jump to conclusions, do you have and antibiotics that you could put in her water?

It looks like an upper respiratory infection. Respiratory diseases in poultry is so common, I’d say it’s in every flock if you have chickens. Most common infections to cause respiratory infections are Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG), Coryza, Infectious Bronchitis (IB) or even Infectious Laryngotracheitis. Antibiotics will help and there’s a lot of choices to choose from such as Tylan 50, LA200, Duramycin, Baytril (it’s banned for the use for poultry, but a vet can prescribe it), Amoxicillin, Penicillin it Tylosin. VetRX isn’t an antibiotic, but it’s great for supportive care.

It looks like an upper respiratory infection. Respiratory diseases in poultry is so common, I’d say it’s in every flock if you have chickens. Most common infections to cause respiratory infections are Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG), Coryza, Infectious Bronchitis (IB) or even Infectious Laryngotracheitis. Antibiotics will help and there’s a lot of choices to choose from such as Tylan 50, LA200, Duramycin, Baytril (it’s banned for the use for poultry, but a vet can prescribe it), Amoxicillin, Penicillin it Tylosin. VetRX isn’t an antibiotic, but it’s great for supportive care.
It looks more like an external problem. Like a hen pecked at it or she got hit by something. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom