Hen wont stand and has swollen vent with white discharge

:( I somehow missed that part.

Do you notice any swelling or fluid below the vent between her legs?
You mentioned the vent swollen - has that gone down?
I couldnt tell if the part between her legs is swollen or has fluid but it was red like I already mentioned that area around her vent has gotten red. But I think it might be swollen lit bit. Is that something to worry about?

Well, the not walking is something to worry about.
I figured her having trouble expelling the egg was the problem and it would be corrected once out. But if she's not able to stand since the egg is out, then it's not resolved.
Was the egg whole and hard shelled?

She may have laid internally, it's hard to know. I would keep her eating/drinking and see if she gets better over the course of the day. If she still can't stand by morning, then placing her in a sling may help as far as comfort goes.

Well, the not walking is something to worry about.
I figured her having trouble expelling the egg was the problem and it would be corrected once out. But if she's not able to stand since the egg is out, then it's not resolved.
Was the egg whole and hard shelled?

She may have laid internally, it's hard to know. I would keep her eating/drinking and see if she gets better over the course of the day. If she still can't stand by morning, then placing her in a sling may help as far as comfort goes.
The egg was whole but not hard shelled. It was soft and whole. But I have laid her down for the night after feeding her and will check in the morning and update here.

Back
Top Bottom