Henny Penny made it! -phew-

ShelterGirl

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
After this two month battle, our rescued girl who was attacked by a dog two months ago has pulled through and is finally starting to transition to the great outdoors.

www.facebook.com/HennyPennyRescue

Here is her page we keep pretty updated. Check out the Day 1 pictures first, then go to the album that says Two Months Later.

Thank you to everyone who has stayed updated with her, and sorry I haven't posted in awhile
sad.png

Wow, I cannot believe she pulled through with those injuries. You are amazing, as is miss Henny Penny. She looks like a pretty happy girl to me. Well done!
smile.png

Trust me friends, she has a forever home. There waws quite a bit of criticism for her not being put down with those kinds of injuries, but the first time I saw her I knew she had the kind of spunk it took to pull through. I put my claim down and told them once she had been in treatment a few days, I was taking her. She came in June 29th and left with me July 4th.

There were some awful moments when she just didn't look like she would make it, but like I told my aunt time after time-
I am not getting high hopes, but I am still not going to give up. Have a little faith in her.

That is one tough hen, I will say. More so than any we have ever raised. She's been through:
*The attack
*Coccidia
*Worms
*Loss of appetite
*Immune system weakened
*Loss of blood and feathers
*Punctures
*Eyes had sunk back into head and she had basically sat in one spot for a long time

Once we gave her treatment for the worms and all, we started her on yogurt to put good bacteria back in, after all the antibiotics she had taken for the wound cleaning/healing, and the other issues. Then we started giving her fresh vegetables, which REALLY perked her up and got her to sing.

Now she is spending most of her days outside, where she finally has enough energy to scratch and peck at the dirt, take a good dirt bath, and relax in a pen that is completely in the shade, and very open to walk in. Her digestion is alot better after going outside, of course.

And....we think this old girl is starting to feel a bit broody???? She sure is clucking, and boy do our three roos keep checking her out! But we still aren't letting her around the others until she has fully healed. They can interact through the chicken wire still, though.

Thanks for all the support! I will continue to update everyone. New pics coming probably on Tuesday evening!

Back
Top Bottom