henny1129's Chicken Show ll ~ Ends 11-30!

Username: Chicken5555 Chicken's Name: Ozzie Category: Pullet/Hen Other: When Ozzie and her flock arrived she was so bossy that I had to isolate her for three days. She was in a little wire cage within the brooder box so technically not alone. After her three days away from them, she was a normal happy little chick. EDIT - Ozzie is a Gold Laced Polish Crested LF
Neat! I've always liked Polish's, but I don't know anything about them! :)
Username: Chicken5555 Chicken's Name: Zip-A-Zip Category: cockerel/rooster Other: Zip-A-Zip was the second Ameraucana chick to hatch out. He was so light in color that I couldn't tell if he would be a splash or a blue! But when his feathers started to grow in he made it more than obvious what variety of Ameraucana he is LOL
He's adorable! He looks kind of young, or maybe I just can't see (getting new glasses Friday! :yesss:), but if you want he can be in the chick category. But it could just be me not being able to see. :lol:
Username: Chicken5555 Chicken's Name: Spotty Category: Pullet/Hen Other: Spotty was the smallest of her half siblings. I think the largest of them is three times her size. Spotty is a Marans/Ameraucana mix and we have yet to learn what color her eggs are LOL.
Ooo! I love all of your Ameracaunas/Ameracuana mixes! Spotty looks just like an Ameracauna besides her feathered feet. :)
Username: Chicken5555 Chicken's Name: Garfunkel Category: Cockerel/Rooster Other: Garfunkel is a wheaten Ameraucana LF. The older he gets the darker his beard/muffs get. I don't know about you all, but I think he's awesome.
So handsome! I love how his beard is spotted!

Last edited:
Neat! I've always liked Polish's, but I don't know anything about them!
smile.png
Ooo! I love all of your Ameracaunas/Ameracuana mixes! Spotty looks just like an Ameracauna besides her feathered feet.
smile.png
So handsome! I love how his beard is spotted!

Thank you! Polish are sweet birds, but they tend to be flighty. They can't see too well so they startle easily and run into things while they learn how to see around the crest. I like to trim their crests when they get big. Ozzie is due for a haircut lol

The chick is only 5 weeks, so you are right! I haven't had my coffee yet and I wasn't thinking straight. I'll change that one.

Thank you about Spotty. I am quite fond of her.

Garfunkel has gone through some crazy beard stages. That last picture was from a few weeks ago, and his beard has almost completely filled in with black since then.

Last edited:
Thank you! Polish are sweet birds, but they tend to be flighty. They can't see too well so they startle easily and run into things while they learn how to see around the crest. I like to trim their crests when they get big. Ozzie is due for a haircut lol

The chick is only 5 weeks, so you are right! I haven't had my coffee yet and I wasn't thinking straight. I'll change that one.

Thank you about Spotty. I am quite fond of her.

Garfunkel has gone through some crazy beard stages. That last picture was from a few weeks ago, and his beard has almost completely filled in with black since then.

Okay, I've heard that sometimes their crests can be a bit difficult. Oh, I've heard that before. :)

Okay! It's okay, I just wanted to make sure he was judged fairly. :)

Your welcome! I can imagine!

Lol! That's cool though. :)

Back
Top Bottom