Hens are fighting!

TylerJ

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Hello,

My hens are fighting. They both have 3-4 day old chicks. The one hen (Amelia) has a single chick and the other (Cutie) has 5 - kids name the chickens :). I've removed the hen with the single chick to a temporary caged area.

Should I let them fight it out? They were fighting for about 20 seconds until I could get out to their area (about 30 feet x 20 feet) and separate them. It didn't look like they were going to stop anytime soon. There are 3 adult hens and a rooster in their area, along with the baby chicks of course.

Will I need to keep them separate? For how long?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

My hens are fighting. They both have 3-4 day old chicks. The one hen (Amelia) has a single chick and the other (Cutie) has 5 - kids name the chickens :). I've removed the hen with the single chick to a temporary caged area.

Should I let them fight it out? They were fighting for about 20 seconds until I could get out to their area (about 30 feet x 20 feet) and separate them. It didn't look like they were going to stop anytime soon. There are 3 adult hens and a rooster in their area, along with the baby chicks of course.

Will I need to keep them separate? For how long?

Thank you.

You need to keep them separate for a couple of weeks as they
booth sound very protective of their chicks ....
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom