In the Brooder
- Aug 8, 2012
We have a really feisty, overly aggressive Roo- his fate is yet to be decided. He has been picking on all the hens. However, he really got a hold of one of them yesterday and I found her with her comb 1/2 torn off. I have kept her in quarantine since then. Along with her comb, she has a large wound on the back of her neck. I have been keeping it clean, and putting antibiotic cream on it. She seems to be eating and drinking moderately well. However, her comb really seems to be bothering her. I have read on here about "dubbing" but I don't know if I should leave it alone right now because I am sure it is sore, or if I should go ahead a "dub" it now. Any thoughts? I don't want to put her in more pain than she already is. I have included a picture. Do I dub it all or just the piece that's hanging? Clearly, I have never done this. I don't want to hurt her anymore. Poor little girl! Thanks!