Hens cuddling?

CloudedLullaby

Chirping
Jul 12, 2019
These 3 hens are always together and I thought its cute. But I am just curious as to why they cuddle like this?

Especially since they're hot as you can see one panting. Just everywhere one will lay they will all join eventually and just cuddle like this xD

Just curious :D i am use to owning roosters.

20190817_153106(1).jpg
20190817_153203(1).jpg
20190817_164902(1).jpg
20190817_164907.jpg

Lol! This is too cute! My girls have been known to snuggle for their naps out on the yard also...90 degrees and all. As much as I fret over them in the heat, it must not bother them as much as one would think. I know the chickens I have all enjoy dust bathing together...they get started and dirt is flying everywhere, then they calm down and go into a trance similar to your pictures :lol: I really enjoy watching them, and trying to figure out why they do the things they do...but I haven't quite cracked the code yet! :he

That second pic is great!
It's a flock 'comfort' thing.
Those birds look pretty young, they may not do that as much once they start laying.

Have seen adult birds crammed together on the roost when all are panting...SMH.
You'd think they'd spread out to cool off, but no, that 'flock together' thing defies logic sometimes.

Lol! This is too cute! My girls have been known to snuggle for their naps out on the yard also...90 degrees and all. As much as I fret over them in the heat, it must not bother them as much as one would think. I know the chickens I have all enjoy dust bathing together...they get started and dirt is flying everywhere, then they calm down and go into a trance similar to your pictures :lol: I really enjoy watching them, and trying to figure out why they do the things they do...but I haven't quite cracked the code yet! :he

Hahaha. They seem to always stick together. And I guess the heat doesnt bother them. I got them to all move around as a I worried and some drank while the others went back to chasing bugs haha.

That second pic is great!
It's a flock 'comfort' thing.
Those birds look pretty young, they may not do that as much once they start laying.

Have seen adult birds crammed together on the roost when all are panting...SMH.
You'd think they'd spread out to cool off, but no, that 'flock together' thing defies logic sometimes.

They are young still. Someone in the flock is laying though. I am just going to guess the 4th hen is older. She didnt cuddle with them. And we have a bowl of food that we used for the younger ish silkies that they took over that after she ate she decided to just sit in it.

These are my first hens. Theyre so funny.

20190817_152806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom