Hens just layed eggs today

Newbyc

Chirping
Aug 4, 2019
So my son goes out to feed hens and he says there eggs I was like let’s collect them now what should I wash them or just leave them alone untill we eat them do I refrigerate them or can I leave them out should I least wash them before eatting I don’t know frist trimmer here lol any help helps thank you

So my son goes out to feed hens and he says there eggs I was like let’s collect them now what should I wash them or just leave them alone untill we eat them do I refrigerate them or can I leave them out should I least wash them before eatting I don’t know frist trimmer here lol any help helps thank you
just leave them out, in a carton, no need to wash them. Enjoy your eggs

[ok but should I least clean them before eatting and how long can they stay out of refrigerator?

QUOTE="25chickens, post: 22144212, member: 553148"]
just leave them out, in a carton, no need to wash them. Enjoy your eggs
[/QUOTE]

I would wash them before cracking them. If there are lumps of poop/mud, you can flick or sand or scrape that off when dry. As long as they haven’t been chilled (outdoors or in refrigerator) you can keep them on the counter. The chilling and the resultant condensation on the shell when warmed indoors can compromise the protective “bloom” on the egg’s shell.

After a week should I put them in there
I would, yes. But if you’re planning to keep them more than a week, I’d go ahead and refrigerate from the start. They will stay fresher in the fridge. It’s just that if you’re gonna use them within a week the deterioration of egg quality is small enough not to really matter.

I would, yes. But if you’re planning to keep them more than a week, I’d go ahead and refrigerate from the start. They will stay fresher in the fridge. It’s just that if you’re gonna use them within a week the deterioration of egg quality is small enough not to really matter.
Don’t wash them when put them in the refrigerator

Back
Top Bottom