Hens just started laying a couple months ago.something wrong with vent?

Not once did I say I was putting her back in with my other hens! Thanks though ;)
She’s staying in my shed and I have her out enjoying the sun for a few mins.not sure she’ll make it though regardless.

Attachments

• 555F59DA-1967-48D3-BC89-0A7F0FF34A2C.jpeg
    555F59DA-1967-48D3-BC89-0A7F0FF34A2C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Have you tried pushing it in again?
Yes I have and it’s really bugging her if I touch it. She’s been drinking so much water that once in a while clear stuff is coming out of her mouth as well?? I’m going to see if a vet can give me some antiseptic spray for her vent or if they have any advice.

Yes I have and it’s really bugging her if I touch it. She’s been drinking so much water that once in a while clear stuff is coming out of her mouth as well?? I’m going to see if a vet can give me some antiseptic spray for her vent or if they have any advice.
Thank you again for all your help. I honestly didn’t think i would be able to help her get that egg out.

Is her crop working properly?

Not once did I say I was putting her back in with my other hens! Thanks though ;)
I did it!!! I think I’ll let her rest Overnight and put her back in the coop tomorrow
My comment was based on this one, my mistake I must have misunderstood. Was also commenting for the benefit of any other reader who may be in the same situation.

My comment was based on this one, my mistake I must have misunderstood. Was also commenting for the benefit of any other reader who may be in the same situation.
Ohh I did say that What I fully meant is I’ll assess the situation by morning and see how she is. I knew she wasn’t going back in once I seen her poor vent.

She pooped a little bit but not much that’s a pic of her vent. Lots of white stuff. It looks really bad

No, it doesn't look very good, sometimes with a prolapse, the white urates seem to accumulate, stick and even harden to the tissue almost like a scab. Just keep it all moist and covered with your ointment/oil, this is very important. As she heals, the crust material will usually fall away, but keeping it moist will help with that.

Her not pooping much is, however, a concern. The prolapse may be partially blocking the intestine, but hopefully this will resolve as well. Her drinking a lot, she may be trying to pass stool, just keep watch on that. Continue with the calcium which will help with retention and if she's got another egg on the way, hopefully she'll be able to pass it on out.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom