Hens legs and feet are turning green

The leg color don't bother me so much.
It's the not walking/using the legs.
Something is just not right.
I know. She doesn’t have worms, she doesn’t feel egg bound (plus they’ve tried treating her for egg bound and nothing happened)... I personally think she may have some sort of cancer, or fluid issue. She is very fatty...

From what you posted about her symptoms she could have a variety of problems. Get your hands on her and do a good physical exam-especially her butt. Clean all fecal matter from back there-wash her and blow dry her. She might possibly have egg peritonitis or some other reproductive problem. The change in leg color might be secondary to her condition or might have nothing at all to do with her illness.

From what you posted about her symptoms she could have a variety of problems. Get your hands on her and do a good physical exam-especially her butt. Clean all fecal matter from back there-wash her and blow dry her. She might possibly have egg peritonitis or some other reproductive problem. The change in leg color might be secondary to her condition or might have nothing at all to do with her illness.
Thank you. I actually did get a chance last month to examine her, however she has gotten worse since then...

Thank you! This was extremely useful! It sounds like this is what she has.

Back
Top Bottom