Hens lethargic with yellow diarrhea!!!!

Update: so I just checked on them this morning and they are both doing sooooo much better, idk if it was something they ate, or the corid, but they are pretty much acting normal now. Coco, the one that was really sick yesterday still has some runny droppings, but with more solids and less yellow urates. I thought for sure that I was going to find her dead in the coop this morning. Do you guys think I should continue treatment with the corid?

I would treat at least once more, maybe the corid is why they perked back up?

Plums off the ground? Wonderful, but maybe too many, or fermenting into alcohol, or molds. Glad they are better, and likely not coccidiosis. However, don't stop treating just in case.
Mary
Ya, I was wondering if it was the plums, because they do look questionable sometimes, but I will keep treating with the corid just in case.:thumbsup

Update: so my hen coco is acting sick again. Her dropping are more solid, very light yellow urates, but she is puffed up standing around again. She ate a lot this morning and drank, but not eating much right now. I’m not quite sure what is wrong.

Have you kept them in, away from those fallen plums? Or is she out there eating more stuff?
Mary
I have kept them in their run away from the plums. I picked her up and listened to her breathing. She kind of sounds like a person breathing though a stuffy nose, but she hasn’t been sneezing and no discharge from her nostrils. Can chickens get a little cold like people? Should I try using vetrx? Should I just wait and see if it passes?

Back
Top Bottom