Hens not laying eggs..

If none of the above apply to your flock may I suggest predators. I have found many hens stop laying after they get a fright by a fox or hawk, you may want to check for animal dropping’s around your coop area........

How old are they? First year layers are less effected by shortened daylight hours, birds over a year old tend to molt just as days are shortening and often dont return to consistent production until spring
Two of them are pullets about 6-7 months old and other two are probably more than 1 year old.(I don't know theor exact age as i got them already fully matured). I don't see any signs of molting like feather loss or pale combs.Maybe because of change of feed ?But for 3 weeks?That too all 4 of them simultanously?

What all, and how exactly, are you feeding them?
Do you free range or are birds confined to coop and run?

If they all stopped at once, I would bet you're free ranging and they are laying somewhere out in range area.

Here's how to tell....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Free range birds sometimes need to be 'trained'(or re-trained) to lay in the coop nests, especially new layers. Leaving them locked in the coop for a week or so can help 'home' them to lay in the coop nests. Fake eggs/golf balls in the nests can help 'show' them were to lay. They can be confined to coop and maybe run 24/7 for a few days to a week, provided you have adequate space and ventilation, or confine them at least until mid to late afternoon. You help them create a new habit and they will usually stick with it. ..at least for a good while, then repeat as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom