Hen's or Roo's?

50/50 is pretty good for straight run in my experience! I've always had more cockerels than pullets up until my most recent batch! A bit funny, I only wanted about six birds so bought 16 assuming it would be close in distribution to other batches and ended up with 10 hens! :thIt's always the opposite of what you want I suppose!
If you want cockerels, you're bound to get mostly pullets. That's just the cussedness of life. But I am glad it worked out in this case!

A long, long time ago, when I was young and naive, I ordered the rare breed assortment from McMurray's. 23 cockerels, 2 pullets. I never did that again!

If you want cockerels, you're bound to get mostly pullets. That's just the cussedness of life. But I am glad it worked out in this case!

A long, long time ago, when I was young and naive, I ordered the rare breed assortment from McMurray's. 23 cockerels, 2 pullets. I never did that again!
That's crazy! The odds of that is around 0.0001%! Almost impressively bad luck

You guys made me feel 1000x better. THANK YOU!!! It worked out I went today and got a Roo same age because I want a protector... and he just happens to be a silkie and I absolutely love him! I've never knew there were so many different types/breeds etc of chickens. Growing up we always had the "basic" red roos and basic hens. I love our SLW because they're different (to me anyway) and now this silkie roo 😍 I'm in love. Thank you all again!

Wanted to give a little update.... WE GOT OUR 1st EGG TODAY!!! 😁🥰🙌

Attachments

• 20210810_194943.jpg
    20210810_194943.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom