Hens or roos?

I will be the odd one out, I see 2 pullets and one cockerel [picture 7 the one closest to the camera]

I say this because this time of the year chicks mature slower and you cant really go off Hackles, Sickles, and comb, but you can go off coloring. There is one chick thats coloring is very close to a Spitzhauben pastern male offspring.

Chris

Last edited:
Absolutely all pullets, i am not sure how coloring in a mixed breed here could be taken into consideration. it is amazing they are all darker than either parent and so similar too.

they all look like pullets. at this age you would be able to see some nice hackle and saddle feathers on them and possable sickle feathers if they were going to be roosters. also there is the lack of combs and wattles on each chicken again if they were going to be roosters the wattles at least would be bigger and more promanat than they are right now, along with being red.

on mixed breeds i wouldnt go off of coloration but there is a chance they are maturing slowly and you could still get a roo

Daddy is beautiful!!!!!! Your Mom made a wonderful decision to have several girls!!!
love.gif
love.gif

Keep that Daddy rooster though! He is VERY handsome!!!

Back
Top Bottom