Hens, Roosters and Ducks OH MY!

ChickenLittleFarm

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone! I am new here and new to owning chickens. I have 17 hens, 2 roosters and 2 ducks. They all sleep in the same coop and are free range throughout the day. Now that my hens are laying, I was planning on feeding them laying crumble. Since my ducks and roosters can't or shouldn't eat the lay crumble I have run into kind of a small problem. How do I feed them all separately?! Lol Does anyone else here have experience with this? How did you solve the issue? Any ideas or advice it welcome. THANKS!!

Welcome to BYC!

The trick is to NOT feed them separately. Most folks feed non-layer feed (like an all flock feed) with oyster shells on the side, free choice. That way, your hens get their calcium and your roosters don't.

I have hens and a rooster. I feed grower with free choice oyster. My birds do well on that.

Thank you! I will try that. 😁

Hi everyone! I am new here and new to owning chickens. I have 17 hens, 2 roosters and 2 ducks. They all sleep in the same coop and are free range throughout the day. Now that my hens are laying, I was planning on feeding them laying crumble. Since my ducks and roosters can't or shouldn't eat the lay crumble I have run into kind of a small problem. How do I feed them all separately?! Lol Does anyone else here have experience with this? How did you solve the issue? Any ideas or advice it welcome. THANKS!!
Get 2 different foods. The ducks can eat there food and chickens if they like and the chickens can eat there food and the ducks food if they would like

Back
Top Bottom