Hens skin on neck sliced wide open on fence

I wont. I just needed you to smile a bit. The experience must have been horrible. I can't even imagine and I am a Labor n Delivery Nurse!!
Your amazing!

Wow. Labor and delivery is crazy stuff. I considered a home birth and when I was in the hospital in labor i thought "man, a person can really DIE doing this." And i was so glad that i wasn't at home. Especially since it's completely bloody, pukey, etc etc. gross all over. That was a total mess, too.

Rescue Remedy is really good stuff. It helps prevent shock and emotional trauma. I think that's one of the main reasons Ellis is alive right now. Hope she stays alive tomorrow...

I wrote that

I "reacted" sad, but i actually got angry w you. I'm in the middle of an emergency and i should take photos to satisfy curiosity? Would that be before I put on my gloves and douse everything with iodine, or after? Should I maybe cause my beautiful, friendly 6-egg-a-week hen to die because I want to get a great shot of me getting her feathers outside and her fat inside, and write about her on the internet? She is alive! And she counts on me.
I'm calling you on insensitivity. Which is very atypical for me.

The photos wouldn't be to satisfy curiosity. What Dottie meant by that, is that pretty much anyone here worth their salt is going to ask for pictures. Nobody can give sound advice on treatment without seeing the wound. She was trying to get the ball rolling for you. If anything, she bumped your post to the top. I understand that you are stressed (and rightly so!), but there was no need to call her out and then continue to be smart about the pictures.

It looks and sounds like you did an excellent job. If you have Vetericyn, I would apply that twice a day and let dry. Keep an eye on those edges you sutured. Typically you would revise any edges so they will close together and heal. Time will tell if it takes. If it starts looking like it's not, post back here (with photos) and we'll help you through any additional steps.

Cute girl you've got there. Good luck! Give us updates in the morning.

Yeah, i know. That's why i took photos for her. It was a sensitive moment. Chicken guilt, Phone battery almost dead, I called like 6 vets, on recommendation after recommendation. The only one that could help was 45mins away and 165$ to look at her. Not to sew her.

And when i reread my first post, i don't really explain too well what's going on... so sorry.

Back
Top Bottom