Hens with chicks

LiizardWiitch

Chirping
Aug 15, 2022
I cureently have 1 hen with 2 chicks and 2 hens with 2 chicks between the 2 of them. The 1 hen that is alone is doing a much better job with the chicks. Im debating taking the 2 from the 2 hens and giving it to the hen that has 2 chicks already. How would i go about breaking the broodiness of the other 2 cause its no doubt they will throw a hissy fit when i take their chicks.

I cureently have 1 hen with 2 chicks and 2 hens with 2 chicks between the 2 of them. The 1 hen that is alone is doing a much better job with the chicks. Im debating taking the 2 from the 2 hens and giving it to the hen that has 2 chicks already. How would i go about breaking the broodiness of the other 2 cause its no doubt they will throw a hissy fit when i take their chicks.
The first hen may not accept the other chicks...and if the hens have already hatched the chicks then they're not broody anymore. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along to help soon :)!

the hens have already hatched the chicks then they're not broody anymore.
Yes they are. They just aren't in the 'hatching the eggs' part of being broody.

The first hen would more likely that not reject the chicks that are not hers. That would be the normal thing to do.

I would leave each hen to raise the chicks she hatched and just monitor and add care as needed.

Yes they are. They just aren't in the 'hatching the eggs' part of being broody.

The first hen would more likely that not reject the chicks that are not hers. That would be the normal thing to do.

I would leave each hen to raise the chicks she hatched and just monitor and add care as needed.
Thanks i feel like im just overthinking it lol

Back
Top Bottom