Hens with watery poops help please

Warwickchickenhill

Songster
6 Years
Jul 30, 2017
We have 12 hens just cleaned the coop theres big wet spots on the straw,I saw 2 hens poop out liquid it was brown splat with a little white, this has been going on a couple days ,saw 1 poo in the run with a small about of blood. We're in Pa we had 3 artic like days ,their run is covered and wrapped but the tarp did leak from melting snow ,no one is acting weird ,I saw them drinking from a mud puddle in their run. Their on layer pellets,and oyster shells and a little scratch to get them back in rheir run. Their almost 2yrs old whats the best treatment for their diarrhea? I'm scared of the coccidosis,bad spelling,we have a TSC close, also had a vet do a stool check 6mths ago it was fine.

We have 12 hens just cleaned the coop theres big wet spots on the straw,I saw 2 hens poop out liquid it was brown splat with a little white, this has been going on a couple days ,saw 1 poo in the run with a small about of blood. We're in Pa we had 3 artic like days ,their run is covered and wrapped but the tarp did leak from melting snow ,no one is acting weird ,I saw them drinking from a mud puddle in their run. Their on layer pellets,and oyster shells and a little scratch to get them back in rheir run. Their almost 2yrs old whats the best treatment for their diarrhea? I'm scared of the coccidosis,bad spelling,we have a TSC close, also had a vet do a stool check 6mths ago it was fine.
Runny feces isn't always a sign of something awful. Have you fed any house scraps? That would cause diarrhea. Other reasons too. You might want another stool check just to get rid of the worry.

Runny feces isn't always a sign of something awful. Have you fed any house scraps? That would cause diarrhea. Other reasons too. You might want another stool check just to get rid of the worry.
No extra or different treat ok I'll get their poo checks, it's just weird thanks for answering

Back
Top Bottom