Hens won’t come out

I'm having the opposite problem here lately. A few of my molting hens dont want to go in. I just had to go move 3 of them into the coop. When I opened the pop door to their "balcony" to let them in my leg horns decided itd be cute to jump out as well :rant. Not cute! Nothing like chasing chickens in the dark. Anywho I'd take them out through their door so they dont get used to you carrying them out. Would probably work best with 2 people. On the outside walk them down their ramp... or half way and leave them in the middle see if they can get it from there.

I'm having the opposite problem here lately. A few of my molting hens dont want to go in. I just had to go move 3 of them into the coop. When I opened the pop door to their "balcony" to let them in my leg horns decided itd be cute to jump out as well :rant. Not cute! Nothing like chasing chickens in the dark. Anywho I'd take them out through their door so they dont get used to you carrying them out. Would probably work best with 2 people. On the outside walk them down their ramp... or half way and leave them in the middle see if they can get it from there.
Ok we will try this! Thanks! And I’ve never had that problem. Ours seam to be very tame when it gets dark. Probably cause they can’t see much good luck!!

If they were kept in a tiny coop/run maybe they don’t feel secure being outside in the “big wide open”. Poor things! You said they are very skittish. Maybe just give them some time to feel secure in their new surroundings and hopefully it will be easier to coax them outside. Just a guess!

Back
Top Bottom