DSCN2401.jpg

DSCN2405.jpg

DSCN2410.jpg

and her nose...
DSCN2407.jpg

heres the others eye..it seems fine to me
DSCN2411.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

SarahFair, check this site for s/s to compare your chicks symptoms. Hope its not the coryza which has a distinctive odor of rotted flesh.
There are many things going on now, weather changes, dryness and regular fall allergens. All these affect chickens too.
Seperate her from the rest of the flock, feed and water as usual. Check your symptoms. http://www.welphatchery.com/poultry_health.asp
If
its just the allergy thing Vet Rx under the wings or in the water is soothing. If not and the rest of the flock start showing signs and symptoms, s/s, you may want to start an antibiotic treatment. I've read a lot of BYCers use TYLAN soluble or in worse cases, Tylan injectable. Give us a report back on what you decide. I'm sure there will be more experienced people to chime in as soon as they get in from work this evening.

You know Sarah, I think I'd call the guy you got her from and ask him about it asap.

He'd want to know in case it was contagious to all his other chickens.

If you purchased her, he'll have to give you another to replace her if things don't go well.

Read over the other s/s on the Welp site. And I would still isolate her for the time being.
My chicks had Infectious Coryza and many did not have shut eyes or swollen faces. Just runny nose and that awful sinusitus smell.
Hope for the best. If you have Sulmet you may want to start her on that although it will only mask the Coryza if that is what she has. Watch the rest of your flock and hopefully others will chime in later tonite. dhlunicorn has a site, http://dlhunicorn.conforums.com/index.cgi
where
you may browse and find some answers to your situation as you wait for more advce. Good Luck and God Bless your flock.

Last edited:
No there is no blood.
I just looked a little runny to me.
There is no smell from her...just normal chicken

Shes not coughing, sneezing, weezing, or anything...
She seems normal just with her eye

Last edited:
Speckledhen! OMG, how mnay more diseases can these poor things contract??
It's like being blindfolded and reaching in a bag to see what can be pulled out next to deal with. Oh I guess I'm not helping much today...I think I'm loosing it!
barnie.gif

I just want everybody's chicks and chickettes to be happy and well!
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom