Herding Easter Chicks

Beracah

Hatching
Apr 15, 2018
Mom bought some colored Easter Chicks for us. I know they're against the law now, but way back then, they were very popular. There was a wide driveway right next to our fence, with a large barn where a garbage man stored his trucks. When our chicks grew up, we would put on the driveway there to run around, and I would try to lasso them like a cowboy would. Another no-no!
When the chicken that was my special pet grew some, I trained it to ride on my shoulder and won first place in a pet parade.
Right now, I'm trying to decide where to order about 18 chicks, since my husband has been yearning to raise some chickens and have abundant eggs.

Greetings and welcome to BYC from NE TX! So glad you joined us. Not sure where you're located but I had great success from Murray McMurray hatchery. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

G'Day from down under Beracah :frowWelcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom