watery poop 5 week old chick

Jsnick

Chirping
10 Years
May 28, 2013
Itasca,Ilinois
Hello,
I have a 5-week-old Easter Egger that has had watery poop since week 2.She eats, drinks, plays and is very active. I've given the probiotics in water when I purchased them, and I also started giving it to them again. I also have given her recently egg yolk and plain yogurt. Is this something to worr about or is it normal.

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    864.4 KB · Views: 12
Hello,
I have a 5-week-old Easter Egger that has had watery poop since week 2.She eats, drinks, plays and is very active. I've given the probiotics in water when I purchased them, and I also started giving it to them again. I also have given her recently egg yolk and plain yogurt. Is this something to worr about or is it normal.
Personally, I'd cut out all the additives and give plain fresh water.

Do you provide chick grit for your babies?

What's the others chick's poop like? Are they all the same age/breed?

Personally, I'd cut out all the additives and give plain fresh water.

Do you provide chick grit for your babies?

What's the others chick's poop like? Are they all the same age/breed?
Yes they get grit and all other poop is normal. I have 2 Easter eggers and 1 polish. It’s one of my Easter Eggers that has watery poop.She’s very active but does drink lots of water.

Yes they get grit and all other poop is normal. I have 2 Easter eggers and 1 polish. It’s one of my Easter Eggers that has watery poop.She’s very active but does drink lots of water.
I'd monitor it for another few days.

If possible, take a sample to your vet for a fecal float just to rule out Coccidiosis.

Back
Top Bottom