Help with chick poo. šŸ’© Gross photos

KimbosKluckers

Songster
Mar 11, 2024
White Mountains of Arizona
My chicks are 5 1/2 weeks. For the past few days Iā€™ve notice these watery poops, I do not know which bird it is or if more than one. No one has a dirty bottom and all are acting normal. There are 4 birds Iā€™ve seen for sure poop normally. Should I be concerned and how to fix this? They only eat crumbles, have had a boiled a few days ago but I saw this happen before the egg. Theyā€™ve had a tiny amount of mealworms but weeks ago. I use all purpose sand for their dust bath. They also had chick probiotics for the first 3 weeks in their water but not anymore.
Thanks for any advice.
IMG_3259.jpeg
IMG_3258.jpeg

I donā€™t know if this eases your mind if you havenā€™t gotten an answer yet, but Iā€™ve occasionally seen poop like that too with my chicks. They have outside time, do not get treats, and eat organic chicken starter mash. Mine are active and alert. Once a week I put apple cider vinegar in their water. I know our chicks are the same age, so I thought it might help to know Iā€™ve seen the same thing.

You should try probotics. It really helps with runny poo. I use and have always used PROBIOS with my chick's. You can get it at tractor supply. I add a small amount to their water every water change. In about 4 days you will notice a HUGE difference in their poo. Of course every so often they have what's called a cecal poo. It's more runny and stinks. That's normal. But definitely not every poo.i have had a big difference in their poo using the probiotic. I have always used probios. But if you can't find it any probiotic should help out. I have used probios faithfully for around 11 years. It helps with good gut health. Hope this helps out.

My chicks are 5 1/2 weeks. For the past few days Iā€™ve notice these watery poops, I do not know which bird it is or if more than one. No one has a dirty bottom and all are acting normal. There are 4 birds Iā€™ve seen for sure poop normally. Should I be concerned and how to fix this? They only eat crumbles, have had a boiled a few days ago but I saw this happen before the egg. Theyā€™ve had a tiny amount of mealworms but weeks ago. I use all purpose sand for their dust bath. They also had chick probiotics for the first 3 weeks in their water but not anymore.
Thanks for any advice. View attachment 3792651View attachment 3792652
Looks like Normal Cecal poop which becomes more noticeable as chicks get older.

Cecal poop is seen about once out of every 8-10 normal/formed poop.

If all are active/eating/drinking, etc. I would not be concerned.

I donā€™t know if this eases your mind if you havenā€™t gotten an answer yet, but Iā€™ve occasionally seen poop like that too with my chicks. They have outside time, do not get treats, and eat organic chicken starter mash. Mine are active and alert. Once a week I put apple cider vinegar in their water. I know our chicks are the same age, so I thought it might help to know Iā€™ve seen the same thing.
That does ease my mind. Thanks so much. I worry too much.
You should try probotics. It really helps with runny poo. I use and have always used PROBIOS with my chick's. You can get it at tractor supply. I add a small amount to their water every water change. In about 4 days you will notice a HUGE difference in their poo. Of course every so often they have what's called a cecal poo. It's more runny and stinks. That's normal. But definitely not every poo.i have had a big difference in their poo using the probiotic. I have always used probios. But if you can't find it any probiotic should help out. I have used probios faithfully for around 11 years. It helps with good gut health. Hope this helps out.
Thank you. They were on probiotics for the first month or so. Maybe they should still be on it?
Looks like Normal Cecal poop which becomes more noticeable as chicks get older.

Cecal poop is seen about once out of every 8-10 normal/formed poop.

If all are active/eating/drinking, etc. I would not be concerned.
Thanks. Iā€™m happy to hear itā€™s normal. I didnā€™t know Cecal poop was still happening at this age.

Back
Top Bottom