Here are are the symptoms - any help would be appreciated

cleopatra

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2012
South Texas
I have a 39 week old pullet who is moving very slowly and laying down all the time. She seems to be getting weaker every day for the past 2weeks. She's eating and drinking. I give lots of treats and good layers feed. They free range for at least a few hours every day, sometimes longer. The odd thing is her poo. It's green which looks like freshly mowed grass and I can clearly make out some mullet and corn from the scratch I give them. It's like she's not digesting her food and maybe not absorbing the nutrients from it which may be why she's so weak. That's my best guess anyway. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

It could mean liver problems. I had that happen and I gave my girl eggs and kept her inside and a few days later she was fine. Sorry. and Good luck!

Possibly a Fungal Infection in her digestive tract. You can read about those on the website linked in my sig below.

Her poo would be green because there is a lot of bile in it. That commonly happens when birds aren't eating enough, but also perhaps with a liver problem. If I recall, my personal observation is that liver problems in otherwise normal birds will often result in somewhat darker green poop than that of a chicken that's not eating enough.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your responses. Unfortunately, she died last night. My other 3 girls seem fine, so hopefully it's nothing contagious. Thanks again.

So sorry!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom