Here are my 2 week old chicks! Any guesses? Pics

Lisa Pedro

Songster
7 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Christmas, FL
My Coop
My Coop
Here are our 2 week old chicks from Meyer Hatchery. What do you think?

They appear to be blue and red. Could they be Blue Laced Red Wyndottes?

These are the same ones. One thing I have noticed, these guys are finger biters. Even if I am reaching for another chick, they will bite as my hand goes by. Never really had chicks bite until these ones.

Ok, here is the next set. They are alittle darker.

I think they all have red tips to their beaks.

Here are 2 different kinds. The blondes and red heads.

These ones have red tips on their beaks too, but a different pattern on their wings from the ones above.

I think I know what some of these are. The chipmunks are Dorkings with 5 toes. The black are Copper Marans.

The light barred and dark barred are Cuckoo Marans. Not sure if the black and white one is another Maran, could be. And I don't know about the dark one with the gray one head and wings. Could that be a blue splash Marans or just another Cooper?

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

What did you order? I would guess the white ones are white Rocks or Leghorns. The reds I would guess at production reds and/or red sex links. My first thought on the blacks was Australorps. I think you're right on the first bunch being BLRW, I think they have rose combs. It would help if you could narrow down the list of possiblities for your shipment though. Better pics would help too. It's hard to see leg color, leg feathering, number of toes, etc from the angle on the pics provided.

What did you order? I would guess the white ones are white Rocks or Leghorns. The reds I would guess at production reds and/or red sex links. My first thought on the blacks was Australorps. I think you're right on the first bunch being BLRW, I think they have rose combs. It would help if you could narrow down the list of possiblities for your shipment though. Better pics would help too. It's hard to see leg color, leg feathering, number of toes, etc from the angle on the pics provided.

I ordered the adoption special so that can be large fowl , bantams and even turkeys. Pretty much any chicken they sell. They all have 4 toes other than the Dorkings.The 2 black ones have gray legs with pink feet and some feathers on their legs. The 2 gray and black( one dark and one lighter) have gray legs with pink feet and no feathers on their legs. I think all the reds have yellow legs and the 4 whites have pinkish yellow legs. The 2 that I said were Cuckoo Marans have pink legs. I am going to have to try another camera. Thanks for your help.

Here are the new pictures. Let me know what you think they are.

I think these are 2 Cuckoo Marans. I think one is gold.

looks about right :)

Rhode Islan Red

blue andalusian

white leghorn

BLRW ?
blue laced red wyandotte

A lighter BLRW
blue laced red wyandotte

black australorp

I wonder what the red chicks that are in with the white ones. There is a picture of the same chick in the newer pictures that I added. It is the 3rd picture down. Anyone know? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom