Here are Sandy's balls of fluff. Update!pg4

They're gorgeous!!!

It's too early to tell, but I'm thinking you have at least one little pullet there.

Thanks for the chick pix fix!

You know, since they are purebred white leghorns maybe you might do better than you think at a show. Their daddy is very good-looking and their mom was a pretty little hen. I read somewhere that "show quality" birds don't always produce good-looking offspring and vice versa.

There's *got* to be someone on BYC who shows white leghorns.

I took them to a poultry show and the judge said they weren't Exhibition birds. Kernal got beatout by another leghorn roo that had busted up feathers,blue feathers because the person used to much bluing, AND he had been dubbed! I thought that was a disqalification in the Medditeranian group but I guess not.

Well, AC, judges are like other authority types . . . they have the right to be WRONG.
fl.gif

Really, I think Kernal is absolutely gorgeous!!

Oh SWEET!!! I just read your signature block on anther post and came looking for these pics of your chicks!!! HOW GREAT!!!! I'm so glad they're out and about!!!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

[edit] and I think Kernal is beautiful too, other judges other days!!

Last edited:
Ooo! <squeaks in glee> What perfect little fluffy babies. I just want to scoop them up and cuddle them. You did a great job with the picture. I can almost feel the softness and hear the cheeping.

What an irony that baby chicks are so cute and almost designed for cuddling and snuggling, yet they don't seem to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom