Here are some more pics of our first coop!

Brooke 1

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 1, 2010
Bedford
We are getting very excited now! My wife took these pictures as I was just getting started today after work. I got the roof trimmed up and tar paper on it and got my metal roofing bought but have to wait till they can get it pulled at the lumber yard. It should only be a few days till we can bring the girls home. They are at the farm that we bought them till we can get the coop done.

50040_001.jpg

50040_003.jpg

50040_002.jpg

lol better then me and my dad we got a hutch kit at tsc and had to take it apart and start over 3times but we did get it done (and we had parts left over
lau.gif
)

Thanks everyone!
Dogfish, what I did was bought 450 board feet of random width, random length four quarter ( 1 inch ), green Poplar. I also bought 100 board feet of dried Poplar for the floor and trim, from the same lumber mill and framing lumber from Lowes. I bought, and just finished cutting metal roofing from a local company. All in all, I have about $400.00 in it at this point.
For the run, I found some 10 foot by 3 foot pressure treated 2x4 rectangular frames that had 1 inch by 2 inch welded wire already on them and a pressure treated 2x4 brace up the center for $5.00 each at a resale shop. I have 10 of them.

I’m sure I told you more than you wanted to know.
Brooke

Back
Top Bottom