Here I go again........Eggs are here!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Jan 15, 2010.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I got my olive eggers from"Ruth" today. They were packaged great, included a thank you note (handwritten), two extras and none broken. They are resting until I set them tomorrow in the Brinsea ECO 20. Here they are!

[​IMG]

I also got a dozen FBCM and GCM (6 each) today. I had to discard one that was weeping. Makes me nervous. Here they are:

[​IMG]

I was a bit disappointed by the color but I hope this was the end of their laying cycle, not the beginning. Anyway, I'll set em and see what I get!

2. Joyryder

Joyryder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Hi Warden, good luck on your hatch!
    I got my eggs today too. My DH picked them up from the PO this morning. So tomorrow I will set them. I set up my brinsea. This is my first hatch 10 BCM and 16 silkies if I can fit them in. I thought the silkie eggs would be smaller. They sent extras. A lot of extras, but they all look good. Great packaging job. I candled them - no cracks in the silkies. The BCMs were to dark to see anything. Silkies have a shorter incubation period - so I was thinking of adding them 12 hours later. Is that a good idea? I'm so excited!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good luck!

You ARE a hatchaholic!

Taking care of all the New Year's Chicks has reformed me!

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] I'm with ya, sister ... LOL I set mine at midnight!
    I hope you get some dark egg layers, and nice Olive Eggers!
    Let's see, I should hatch ... Jan 24, Jan 28, Feb 4, and then whenever the Orp eggs get here, I will set those! YeeHaw! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<<<off to build more brooders>>>

Oh, and the Buckeyes from JamesA ... [​IMG] I can hardly wait to get those from prize winning stock! Then, the Rhode Island Reds [​IMG] (to die for beautiful) from Pine Grove. OK, then, I will be done! (Well, except for the ... yeah, you know) .... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  5. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:i got my 13 serama eggs today.im also setting them tomorrow...good luck with yours...

6. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    I set mine today, the BCMs at midnight and the silkies at 2 this afternoon. Temp is holding at 99.6 and humidity at 43. I fit 27 eggs in the Brinsea, now I can't wait to candle again.
    Amazing 21 days can be a long time.

7. Joyryder

Jun 11, 2009
    Scandia, PA
    Day 3, temp is holding perfectly, but the humidity is staying between 41 and 44 degrees. Is that to low?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by