Here is My New Chick!!! Introducing......Miracle :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PamB, Jan 2, 2011.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Here is my sole chick that hatched. I had two more eggs in the bator and when I left the house last night (even though my dh and dd were home), my cat somehow managed to get to the bator and knock it over killing the other two eggs. [​IMG] I'm glad I didn't see it happen, but I feel like if I were home, I probably would have heard some sort of commotion before it was too late. Anyway, on a brighter note, and I am trying SOOOO hard to stay positive. This is Miracle. She is still trying to get her footing. Her toes/feet were very curled at first. She has straightened one out and is walking up on her feet. She is eating/drinking on her own. I feel so badly that she is all alone, but the good news is that my broody is sitting on five eggs right now due at the end of this week. I'm planning on stealing a friend for Miracle when those hatch.

Introducing our little Miracle (named by my daughter)....

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a story! She's truly a miracle!

3. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Way to hang in there little Miracle! [​IMG]

4. crazyforchicks

crazyforchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Way to go miracle!!! I had so many problems with my first hatch! I went out of town for a few days and left my sister in charge of the incubator and I came back with one live chick and one that was doa. It was a terrible hatch. out of 40 eggs I had five hatch. [​IMG] In my sisters deffence she didnt know anything about hatching eggs out. And I didnt really know what I was doing either. This hatch I am not making any plans to leave the house anytime around the hatch... [​IMG] just waiting on my babies now. Good luck with yours. [​IMG]

5. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    awesome .. what is Miracle??? sure is beautiful. Ive had some that hatch before others and ive had to put in a stuff toy to keep it company. Wish I lived closer I would bring you a baby over for it to have some company. So darling thats cool [​IMG] Congrats

6. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

7. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    She is a silkie. I sure wish someone close had a silkie chick available now. I'd love to give him a friend as soon as possible. Hopefully, my broody will hatch her eggs out this week and I can steal one of her babies to bring in and keep him company. She is so adorable. We added a little mirror and three small stuffed animals in the brooder for now.

8. PippyChicken

PippyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    AL
    Miracle is PRECIOUS! [​IMG] You could try and see if the broody will take her [​IMG] If not then get her a little buddy [​IMG]

9. barbieszoo

barbieszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Stillwater, OK
    So sorry for the ones that didn't make it, but gosh, you've got a cutie there!! Super cute! Is it a white silkie?

10. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:She is a buff silkie. Sorry, the only camera I have right now is my cell phone and the pictures aren't the best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by