Here is my new chicken coop. *ANOTHER LITTLE UPDATE*

Great idea! I have plenty of concrete block which I can stack myself and won't have to ask hubby to set poles in concrete to lift my chickens off the ground.

Very good job! OUR first coop was a major $$ money project!!
We made a Fort Knox Coop due to fox and coon attacks last year. But when I make my next coop, it will be smaller and totally out of recycled materials as you did yours!! I commend you for doing that!!
thumbsup.gif

My little coop I make will be for breeding and such. So it wont need to be fancy!
Cant wait to see pics of your birds!! Good luck!
yippiechickie.gif

ummm its pretty self explanatory lol i built it myself(im 14) so you can do it. just make a 2x4 frame or any type of lumber and just put wire on it and frame out the door, and then just make the house i really cant explain it, it only took me 2 days( and thats taking as lunch brake, dinner ect..). I wish i took shots of it in the biuld state but i didnt. Thanks

Last edited:
well i started something like it before the rain came down.. its 3 feet long and 2 feet wide, and 2 feet high...havent built a nest box yet but it doesnt look as good as yours,..,, im 21 but i took BASIC EMS in high school.. i should have took woodworking or something like that

Hello guys, heres alittle update I have my quail coming next tuesday hopefully so im putting finishing touches on the coop. I added a vent, a roof over part of the run and added a dust bathing box. The dust bathing box is going to be filled with play sand and when i can find food grade DE I'll add that to. Here are the pics. O and i was wondering what are good things to put in the coop for them to hide in?

UPDATEDPICS001.jpg

UPDATEDPICS002.jpg

UPDATEDPICS003.jpg

UPDATEDPICS004.jpg

I also built the dust box myself. i made a 12 inch square then put landscape fabric on the bottom then stapled it, then i put a cross beam on it so the bottom fabric didnt rip, then i put 1 inch of gravel on the bottom for drainage. I have a zip-lock bag over the vent right now to keep rain and things out of the coop but when its nice out and the quail are in it ill take it off for ventalation. Thanks! and input would be apreciated.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:
I don't know about quail, but I do know when I see a great job recycling - and I see it here. Great job!
thumbsup.gif
And congrats on getting the coop done before the birds arrive!
clap.gif
:clap:clap

Thanks!luckily my dad is a construction worker so he gets all the wood,shingles, ect.. from jobs, I only had to buy the wire. all the rest was scrap from other jobs and coops. O and he's getting me playsand for the dust box! ill update when the birds get here and there in there new coop! Please keep the comments coming! I love to here what you guys/gals have to say!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom