Here is what my coop and run look like.

That's a very nice setup you have there, Wayne!

I love those Rhode Island Reds! The ones I had in the past layed the biggest, nicest, brown eggs! (Extra large to Jumbo size)

Good luck with your chickens!

Thanks everyone. I really like the setup and the chickens seem to enjoy their coop. I've had this new coop since June and it works much better than the previous one.

Wayne

I do think its helping to keep the coop warmer because the roof is metal and the metal is not able to draw the heat out like it did. I was also having problems with condensation which putting this insulation up eliminated that problem. I will find out for sure when it starts getting a lot colder.

Wayne

Well, I thought that putting up the Reflectix insulation had cured my condensation problems but it didn't. I went out this morning to open the coop up and the underside of the insulation was wet. It wasn't real wet but had a film of moisture on it. Underneath the eaves was worse than the high point of the roof. I guess its something I will have to live with.

Wayne

The chainlink panels are strong and they can be moved pretty easily if I need to do so. The down side is that they are expensive unless you can find a good used set. We tried going the used route but they were always sold by the time we called about them so we broke down and bought new.

Wayne

Wow- Awesome Set-up!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
If you are having condensation problems then you don't have enough ventilation. Vents high up on the wall near the roof line will give better ventilation without causing drafts on the chickens. I see you have one vent in the high part of the end wall. Could you cut another on the other end? Also, do you leave your drop down window open at night? If not, then that would help. Of course that would be too drafty in winter to leave that side window open.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom