Here it is!!!!! Our "indoor" Coop.

Very nice!!

thumbsup.gif

WOW.................im new to this hobby .................but that is a very clean looking coop good luck to you......happy thanksgiving....

Quote:
Yes, the blue anti-head bumping foam was a must for that low ceiling. I was going to knock myself into next week.

Thank you! I think we are prouder of our coop than the addition to our house. Lol. DH keeps asking daily if anyone else made comments. Sweet.
And in all fairness and disclaimer, the pics of the coop were taken hours before the chooks entered the coop. It is a bit dusty now, and the roosts aren't pristine anymore. I have learned: Only so much poo comes off.

Thank you! We unfortunately had to put deer netting over the other windows. They kept roosting in them. We also extended the droppings board all the way to the back wall and side wall, and installed a cage underneath for the chicks when we moved them to the coop. Now we can use it as an isolation pen if need be. The keept roosting on the cross bars instead of the long roost, so the poop would miss the droppings board. Silly girls. Everything else about the coop has worked great! The heater has worked like a dream. They stay at about 35 degrees. And we had no noticeable increase in our electric bill. Once the heater got shut off somehow and it was 13 degrees in there. I expected to go out and find them dead and frozen, but they were fine. The water heater had kicked on, and they seemed just like they normally do. The coop has been working wonderfully for us, but more importantly for the girls.
Here is a pic of the brooder cage under the droppings board:
22059_img_4388.jpg

And I love your clandestine Austrolorps! You are very inventive. You are obviously not an easily deterred person.

Back
Top Bottom